Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Details Ink by Kara Pangilinan

I used to take a lot of photos of my notes, or whatever I scribble on my notebooks and post them everywhere - Facebook, twitter, my blog, instagram. This is probably the most vain trait I have, but I am not ashamed to admit that I am obsessed with my handwriting. I used to write mostly in script back in high school, up until before I shifted to architecture, wherein we were required to write in block lettering. I've had people tell me my handwriting sucks, but if there is anything I am not even one bit insecure about myself, it's my penmanship. 

This is one of the reasons why one of my greatest frustrations in life is being born into a generation of high-end technology - and to be even more specific: electronic mail. If you follow me on twitter or if you're my friend on Facebook, you've probably read at least one of my endless rants on wanting to exchange handwritten letters via snail mail. 

However, just recently, I was going through my things in the dorm when I realized I've been receiving a lot of handwritten letters and cards after all. I posted it on Facebook. You can check it out here.

Other than that, my dear Augustus Waters, the world is a wish-granting factory. At selected times, at least. My gifted friend, Kara Pangilinan humored me with a few sets of her famous hand-drawn stationery envelopes and cards.




This design is my personal favorite.

Here are some letters I received from the Kara Pangilinan herself, plus a few friends on my birthday and Christmas.

This photo is irrelevant to the blog post but I just want to secretly show my cluttered desk off. I had to edit all the photos because if this were colored, I'd fear for the obsessive-compulsive's laptop screens. Who knows how strong they could be, or what objects are within their reach. 

If you want to know more about Kara's business, Details Ink, you might want to check it out here.

The sets are really pretty and they're literally perfect for any and every occasion. Instead of greeting your friends on Facebook, make them feel even more special by giving them cards on their birthday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment