Monday, July 19, 2010

Don't say goodbye.

When I about to sleep last night, I was bothered by the thought that we're graduating in a few months. Doesn't it hit you that you might never see some (or in my case, most) of your classmates again? I know it does to me. There are some that I know of wanting to graduate and start a new life as soon as possible. I used to be one of them, too. Used to be. There really is something in me that couldn't let go. Before, I remember saying I hated school. I hated having to wake up early every morning, having to wear clothes over clothes over clothes, sweating underneath my uniform, practicing for plays, memorizing the Calvin Cycle, reciting monologues, staying over the weekend for recollections, reflecting, having to sit still during silence period, having to stand for minutes under the intense heat of the morning sun, waiting impatiently for sister to finish talking, super boring morning talks, having to see people you dislike every single day, etc., etc. Well, that was before - when I was yet to realize that every school day in fourth year is a "last". Our last days in high school are waaaay too special to be wasted like any other ordinary day.

Everyday, do something worth cherishing. Hang out with everyone. Get to know each other really well. Laugh often. Have lunch together. Hug once in a while. Complement one another. Share inside jokes. Inspire. Make a change.

*winks*

"Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting."
- Peter Pan

No comments:

Post a Comment